Post Malone, Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino, and Other Celebrities Born on the 4th of July
The Fourth of July — also known as Independence Day — has been a federal holiday in the United States since 1941. But for many of our favorite celebrities, it’s also their birthday! Post Malone, Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, and several other stars were born on the Fourth of July. Showbiz Cheat Sheet is sending well wishes to Malone, Sorrentino, and the other celebrities celebrating birthdays this 4th of July.
Post Malone will turn 26 this 4th of July
Malone was given the name Austin Richard Post at birth. He was born in 1995 in Syracuse, New York.
Today, Post Malone is one of the biggest music stars known for working in multiple genres, from rap to country. Some of Post Malone’s biggest hits include “Sunflower,” “White Iverson,” and “Circles.” Artists like Guns N’ Roses, Jay-Z, and George Strait inspire Post Malone, as he explained to GQ.
After his first single, “White Iverson,” came out in 2015, Malone began collaborating with artists like Kanye West, 50 Cent, and Young Thug. Post Malone also opened for Justin Bieber during his “World Purpose” tour. His third studio album, Hollywood’s Bleeding, came out in late 2019.
‘Jersey Shore: Family Vacation’ cast member Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino was also born July 4
“The Situation” was born in 1982 in West Brighton, New York. He will turn 39-years-old in 2021, making him the second oldest Jersey Shore: Family Vacation cast member — Pauly DelVecchio was born on July 5, 1980.
Sorrentino got his start on the original run of Jersey Shore back in 2009. Now, he stars in Jersey Shore: Family Vacation, hosts the Here’s the Sitch podcast with his wife, Lauren, and is involved in several other business ventures.
When he’s not filming the MTV reality series, Sorrentino works with Banyan Treatment Centers across the United States to share his sobriety story. Sorrentino has been sober for five years and seeks to inspire others struggling with addiction and show them how “the comeback is always greater than the setback.”
Celebrities born on the Fourth of July
Malone and Sorrentino aren’t the only notable celebrities born on July 4. These celebrities, past and present, also celebrate birthdays on the Fourth of July:
- Nathaniel Hawthorne (1804) — Famous author of The Scarlett Letter.
- Stephen Foster (1826) — Famous songwriter known for tunes like “Nelly Bly.”
- Gertrude Lawrence (1898) — Actor and singer who starred in The Glass Menagerie.
- Gloria Stuart (1910) — Best known for her role in Titanic. She died in 2010 at the age of 100-years-old.
- Eva Marie Saint (1924) — Actor who starred in Alfred Hitchcock’s North by Northwest.
- Gina Lollobrigida (1927) — Italian actor and photojournalist.
- Neil Simon (1927) — Playwright who wrote Brighton Beach Memoirs.
- Bill Withers (1938) — Singer-songwriter who wrote “Lovely Day” and “Just the Two of Us.”
- Geraldo Rivera (1943) — A former lawyer and TV commentator.
- John Waite (1952) — Singer-songwriter known for hits like “When I See You Smile.”
- Andrew Zimmern (1961)— Chef and TV personality.
- Tracy Letts (1965) — Actor from The Woman In the Window and Lady Bird.
- Becki Newton (1978) — Best known for her roles in How I Met Your Mother and Ugly Betty.
- Alex Hibbert (2004) — Starred in films like Moonlight and Black Panther.
An honorable mention goes out to Tom Cruise, who will celebrate his 59th birthday on July 3, 2021.