Prince Harry’s Staff Are Reportedly Unhappy With His Tabloid Lawsuit
Prince Harry has finally had enough. A little more than a week ago, the prince announced that he and his wife, Meghan Markle, are suing a British tabloid; they claim Meghan has received nonstop bullying since she married into the royal family. Since Harry’s initial statement was released, he’s added other tabloids to the list. But his staff are reportedly not thrilled with the lawsuit.
Harry has finally had enough of the media bullying his wife
Ever since Meghan married into the royal family, British tabloids have been out to get her. It seems almost every day (including leading up to the wedding), Meghan has been in the news for a new reason. Before her wedding, there were constant stories about her strained relationship with her family, often without much proof of their truth. And the Daily Mail once published a private letter that Meghan had written to her father. Harry has followed the tabloid closely and has finally filed a lawsuit suggesting they have been bullying her for more than a year. He also said the letter was edited before it was published to send the wrong message to the public.
He recently added two more tabloids to the list
Since his first announcement a little more than a week ago, Harry has added new tabloids to the list. Originally, the suit only was only against Mail on Sunday. But he has since added The Sun and Daily Mirror to the list. Both tabloids are being sued over “the illegal interception of voicemail messages,” according to the royal statement. According to Town & Country, Harry is reportedly referring to voice messages from several years ago.
Harry said in the initial statement, which was released on the couple’s website, that his biggest fear is history repeating itself. “I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces,” the statement read.
His staff reportedly think the lawsuit was very untimely
Though Harry has clearly built up a lot of anger and frustration toward the press, his staff reportedly think the publishing of the statement was extremely untimely. According to Cosmopolitan, Harry and Meghan had not even finished their Africa tour yet before the letter was released, and his royal aides felt the two things (the tour and the lawsuit) should have been more widely separated. Harry and Meghan’s tour had been doing wonders for the couple’s reputation, between their work with many charitable organizations and their various photos and videos of their adorable son, Archie. However, the lawsuit has now wrapped them up in a wild media storm once again.
There have been reports that the royal family was shocked by his decision
Aside from Harry’s aides taking issue with the suit, the other royal family members appeared to be caught off guard by it, too. Town & Country reported that Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, and Prince William were all unaware of the lawsuit and only found out about it when the general public did. Typically, every major decision the royal family makes has to be approved by the queen.
It’s clear Harry is at the end of his rope with the tabloids, especially since he supposedly went behind the royal family’s back and disregarded the suggestion of his aides to hold off on the lawsuit. However, after Princess Diana tragically died in a car accident while trying to outrun the paparazzi, Harry is probably taking as many precautions as possible to protect his wife.