Queen Elizabeth Is Very Nervous About Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Next Moves, Expert Says
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle shocked everyone when they announced they were leaving the royal family for a quieter, private life. The British press and public had latched on to the Sussexes and had been putting them through the wringer since their engagement.
Now, the duo is living in LA, far away from the British royal family, ready to move into the next phase of their life whenever things get back to normal. Already, the pair have been spotted out and about volunteering. They’ve also been giving speeches that hint at their new path.
Though the royals want the pair to be happy, the queen is quite nervous about what they will do next.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry just closed the final chapter on their royal life
With their own Hollywood team backing them and a new brand, Archewell, the Sussexes are ready to hit the ground running when the time is right. Though they completed their final royal engagements in early March 2020, they just closed the final chapter in their royal lives.
People is reporting that the pair formally closed down their charity Sussex Royal. The necessary paperwork has reportedly been filed with the authorities in the U.K. The charity will now liquidate and all of the trustees will step down.
Queen Elizabeth isn’t sure Megxit will be permanent
The queen let Meghan and Prince Harry embark on their own path with the understanding that they would not capitalize on their royal status in any way. This is why they were forced to shutter Sussex Royal. Though she is reportedly supportive of the Sussexes’ new journey, the queen isn’t sure it will last.
‘”[The royals] are making contingency plans in case the Sussexes suddenly turn round and say: ‘Can we come back under your wing?’” an insider told The Sunday Times. “You could bring them back to Frogmore to look after them. They wouldn’t return to royal duties, but they could have a period of rehabilitation and recuperation.”
Considering how explosive Megxit has been, we doubt the couple will ever return to The Firm.
Queen Elizabeth is very nervous about the Sussexes’ next moves
Though Meghan and Prince Harry have delayed the launch of their Archewell foundation until 2021, the media has been buzzing about what they might do next. The pair have been outspoken about Black Lives Matter and racial equality. Furthermore, they’ve been adamant about helping communities most affected by the coronavirus (COVID-19).
The duo just signed a major contract with the prestigious speaking agency Harry Walker Agency, where they will be making upward of $1 million per speech. Town & Country is reporting, “Topics will largely relate to the social issues the world is facing now including racial justice and gender equity, mental health, issues impacting women and girls and the environment—as well as the intersectional nature of these issues.” However, all of this is making Queen Elizabeth quite nervous.
“We are seeing Harry and Meghan do something that hasn’t actually been done,” royal expert Katie Nicholl told Entertainment Tonight. “I think it’s the case of the Palace watching and waiting to see what they’ll do. And they will be watching, and they’ll be watching very closely. There is a sense of trepidation about the couple going at making a business alone. They are testing the water and anything that smacks of cashing in on their royal connections or over-commercialization is going to meet a very prickly response from the Palace.”