The winter anime season is coming to a close, but spring 2022 heralds the return of several popular series — and some exciting new ones. Although there won’t be new episodes of Demon Slayer or Attack on Titan to look forward to, shows like The Rising of the Shield Hero, Spy x Family, and Kaguya-sama: Love Is War promise to keep fans engaged. What else is coming out to Crunchyroll over the next few months? Here are all the anime you’ll want to keep on your radar.
Which anime are returning in spring 2022?
It’s always exciting when a popular anime returns for another outing, and quite a few beloved series are making a comeback this spring. The Rising of the Shield Hero is among them, with its season 2 slated for an April 8 release. It’s been almost three years since fans caught up with Naofumi (Kaito Ishikawa/Billy Kametz). Many are eager to dive into his next adventure on the small screen.
Kaguya-sama: Love Is War will also return for season 3, catching fans up with the rivalry-turned-romance between Kaguya (Aoi Koga/Alexis Tipton) and Miyuki (Makoto Furukawa/Aaron Dismuke). These coming episodes promise more antics between the students at Shuchiin Academy. They may also bring the series’ main characters closer than before. The third season premieres on April 8.
In addition to The Rising of the Shield Hero and Kaguya-sama: Love Is War, Crunchyroll has a few other simulcasts for returning series. Here’s the lineup:
- Science Fell in Love, So I Tried to Prove It Season 2 – April 1
- Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 3 – April 11
- Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story Final Season – April 3
- Date a Live IV – April 8
New series to look forward to in spring 2022
In addition to the returning anime arriving this spring, there are several newcomers that could become the next big hit. One that promises to draw viewers is Spy x Family, the adaptation of Tatsuya Endo’s manga of the same name. The show will see a renowned spy taking on a new life and family for a mission — but with a twist. He doesn’t know that his new wife is an assassin or that their adopted daughter is a telepath. Naturally, chaos will ensure when the anime premiere on April 9.
Another much-anticipated new anime is Dance Dance Danseur, which will come from the studio behind Attack on Titan Season 4 and Jujutsu Kaisen. MAPPA’s latest will follow Junpei, a teenage boy rediscovering his love for ballet after a student named Miyako transfers to his school.
Those are just two of the many thrilling anime heading to Crunchyroll this spring. Whether you’re looking for a romance, sports-centered story, or supernatural tale, there’s something for everyone:
- Mahjong Soul Pon – April 1
- Fanfare of Adolescence – April 2
- Love All Play – April 2
- Trapped in a Dating Sim: The World of Otome Games is Tough for Mobs – April 3
- Tomodachi Game – April 5
- The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody – April 6
- Skeleton Knight in Another World – April 7
- The Dawn of the Witch – April 7
- Love After World Domination – April 8
- Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie – April 9
- In the Heart of Kunoichi Tsubaki – April 9
- Aoashi – April 9
- Don’t Hurt Me, My Healer! – April 10
- A Couple of Cuckoos – April 23
Which anime are continuing from the winter season?
The winter 2022 anime season may be ending, but several major series will carry over into the spring. Although One Piece and Digimon Ghost Game are currently on hiatus, Crunchyroll lists them among the shows dropping new episodes over the next few months. They’re not the only series continuing, either:
- Boruto: Naturo Next Generations
- Requiem of the Rose King
- Dragon Quest The Adventure of Dai
- Case Closed (Detective Conan)
- Shenmue the Animation
- Delicious Party Pretty Cure
Needless to say, there’s plenty to look forward to on Crunchyroll this spring. Hopefully, that carries over into summer and fall. Stay tuned for more exciting anime coming out this year.