Steven Spielberg’s life changed on this day in 1975 when Jaws premiered. Since then the famed American film director has gone on to win Academy Awards and cemented himself as an icon in Hollywood. In honor of the Jaws anniversary, we’re taking a look at Spielberg’s lofty career and his net worth.
What is Steven Spielberg’s net worth?
Although the exact amount of Spielberg’s wealth seems to be up for debate, one thing is for sure: Spielberg’s amassed a large fortune.
According to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, the director’s net worth is $6.13 billion as of June 2019.
Forbes estimated the director’s net worth to be nearly half that in 2018. Speilberg took the No. 2 spot on the publications list of America’s Wealthiest Celebrities with a net worth of $3.7 billion behind fellow filmmaker George Lucas who took the top spot with a net worth of $5.4 billion.
Whatever Spielberg’s exact net worth, he’s most definitely a billionaire.
While the director has made the bulk of his fortune on the success of his movies, he also brings in money through a theme park consulting deal he signed with Universal Studios.
How much money have films by Steven Spielberg made?
Throughout the span of his career, Spielberg’s made more than 100 films. In total, they’ve earned more than $25 billion at the box office.
How many Oscars has Steven Spielberg won for Best Director?
Spielberg has won an Academy Award for Best Director twice. First in 1994 for Schindler’s List and then again in 1999 for Saving Private Ryan.
How many Best Picture Oscar-winners has Steven Spielberg directed?
Two. Schindler’s List and Saving Private Ryan both took home an Oscar for Best Picture.
How many times has Steven Spielberg been nominated for an Academy Award?
According to CNN, the director’s been nominated 17 times.
How old is Steven Spielberg?
Spielberg is 72 years old. He was born on December 18, 1946, according to Biography.
Is Steven Spielberg married?
Yes. He’s married to Kate Capshaw and has been since 1991. Prior to that, Spielberg married Amy Irving in 1985 but divorced four years later in 1989.
What are Steven Spielberg’s biggest box office successes?
- Jaws (1975) – Made $260 million at U.S. box offices which equates to $1.2 billion adjusted for inflation
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982) – Made $435.1 million at U.S. box offices which equates to $1.1 billion adjusted for inflation
- Jurassic Park (1993) – Made $402.5 million at U.S. box offices which equates to $ 690.4 million adjusted for inflation
- Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) – Made $248.2 million at U.S. box offices which equates to $678.4 million adjusted for inflation
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977) – Made $135.2 million at U.S. box offices which equates to $553 million adjusted for inflation