‘The Pioneer Woman’ Ree Drummond’s Beef Noodle Skillet Is 1 of Her Best Recipes With Ground Beef
The Pioneer Woman star Ree Drummond knows how to cook family-friendly meals that won’t break the bank. On her Food Network series, she shares easy-to-make, hearty recipes that use ingredients most home chefs have on hand. Drummond’s Beef Skillet Noodles are the perfect dish for those looking for a recipe with ground beef. It’s rich and filling, and best of all, it doesn’t require much prep.
Ree Drummond is a Food Network star
On her Food Network show, The Pioneer Woman, Drummond shows home cooks how to make fuss-free meals everyone in the family can get behind. Her relatable cooking style and relaxed approach in the kitchen are what made her one of the Food Network’s most popular celebrity chefs.
Along with her TV series, Drummond has created a merchandising brand that includes kitchenware and dishes. She is also a best-selling author who has written cookbooks like The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier and The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It!: Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives.
She shares her Beef Skillet Noodles recipe on ‘The Pioneer Woman’
Drummond’s Beef Skillet Noodles recipe is perfect for those who want to make a filling meal using ground beef. When she shared it on The Pioneer Woman, she noted that this budget-friendly dish is a favorite for her family and friends.
“If there is one recipe I know will always be a hit, it’s this one,” Drummond said.
The recipe includes simple ingredients like ground chuck and egg noodles. Drummond uses smoked paprika to the season, but for those who like things spicy, a sprinkle of cayenne or red chili flakes would add the perfect layer of heat.
Here’s what you need to make ‘The Pioneer Woman’ Ree Drummond’s Beef Skillet Noodles
To make Drummond’s delicious ground beef dish, you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground chuck
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Then follow these easy steps:
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for about 1 minute. Add in the ground chuck and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook and crumble the beef. Cook through for about 5 minutes. Add in tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add noodles, broth, 1 cup hot water, mustard, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir and bring to a simmer. Cover, simmer, stirring occasionally. If needed, add up to 1/2 cup of water to cook the pasta until al dente. Cook until the sauce has thickened for around 12 minutes. Add in sour cream and heavy cream and cook for another minute or so.
- Remove skillet from the heat. Sprinkle over the chives and serve directly from the pan. Garnish with chives and serve.