‘The Pioneer Woman’ Ree Drummond’s Top-Secret Chocolate Cake Recipe Includes a Surprising Hack
The Pioneer Woman is one cooking show you can always count on for easy recipes. On the Food Network series, Ree Drummond delicious and comforting recipes that any home chef can make. Drummond’s Top-Secret Chocolate Cake recipe is by far one of her easiest desserts — and that’s because it involves a no-fuss box cake mix hack.
Ree Drummond takes the fuss out of cooking
On The Pioneer Woman, Drummond proves that cooking doesn’t have to be fussy and intimidating. Knowing most people cook on a schedule and a budget, she creates quick and inexpensive dishes that don’t require fancy gourmet ingredients.
Drummond’s relatable style resonates with audiences, which is why she is now one of the most popular celebrity chefs around. She has written numerous lifestyle guides and cookbooks, including The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Dinnertime – Comfort Classics, Freezer Food, 16-minute Meals, and Other Delicious Ways to Solve Supper and The Pioneer Woman Cooks: The New Frontier.
Ree Drummond’s Top-Secret Chocolate Cake recipe was featured on Food Network’s ‘The Pioneer Woman’
On The Pioneer Woman, Drummond shared her Top-Secret Chocolate Cake recipe and revealed the reason behind its intriguing name. “This is a top-secret chocolate cake and I call it that because I don’t tell anybody that I use a cake mix,” she said. “And it’s so delicious that no one would ever know.”
The recipe is so quick and easy, it can be used for last-minute get-togethers or for when you’re craving something sweet and chocolaty. Drummond uses a bundt cake pan to make it extra special and drizzles the cake with melted chocolate and sprinkles.
Ree Drummond’s Top-Secret Chocolate Cake is super easy to make
To make Drummond’s Top-Secret Chocolate Cake, you’ll need the following ingredients:
For the cake:
- Nonstick baking spray, for the pan
- One 15.2-ounce box dark chocolate cake mix, Drummond uses Duncan Hines
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted salted butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
For the Simple Chocolate Ganache Topping:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Rainbow sprinkles, for garnish
Then follow these simple steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, milk, butter, eggs, chocolate chips, and vanilla in a large bowl until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into the Bundt pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, around 40 minutes.
- Once done, let the cake cool for about 15 minutes. Turn it out onto a cooling rack let cool for another 20 to 25 minutes.
- For the simple chocolate ganache topping: Heat the cream in a small pan until it just starts just bubbling. Put chocolate chips into a small bowl and pour the hot cream on top. Let it sit for 1 minute, and then mix until smooth.
- Place cooled cake on a stand or serving platter and pour the ganache over it. Top with rainbow sprinkles and serve.