- Barefoot Contessa star Ina Garten knows when the temperature goes up, we change how we eat.
- Following a winter filled with some of her delicious comfort food dishes, it’s time to lighten up the menu.
- Here are 10 of Ina Garten’s best recipes to make this spring.
Ina Garten knows that when the weather gets warmer, we change what we eat. After a snowy winter filled with her heavier Modern Comfort Food dishes, it’s time for recipes that feature fresh seasonal fruits and veggies. Here are 10 recipes from The Barefoot Contessa that feel just like spring.
10. Ina Garten goes ‘Back to Basics’ with her recipe for Kale Salad with Pancetta and Pecorino
Garten’s recipe for Kale Salad with Pancetta and Pecorino features Tuscan kale with diced pancetta, shaved Pecorino cheese, and a homemade dressing. You’ll need a food processor fitted with a steel blade to make the dressing, which features anchovies, garlic, mustard, egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
9. Salmon Cakes are a fantastic spring party appetizer
It takes about an hour and a long list of fresh ingredients to put together Garten’s Salmon Cakes. You’ll need fresh salmon (of course), good olive oil, salt and pepper, unsalted butter, red onion, celery, red and yellow bell peppers, parsley, capers, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay crab boil seasoning, stale bread with the crusts removed, good mayo, Dijon mustard, and extra-large eggs.
8. Fresh Lemon Mousse is a light and fresh spring treat
For a light, fresh, and delicious treat in the springtime, Garten has a super easy recipe for Fresh Lemon Mousse that can be ready in less than 30 minutes. It even includes homemade whipped cream!
7. Rosemary Rack of Lamb with Easy Tzatziki is perfect for Easter dinner
One of Garten’s most impressive dishes for a spring holiday is her Rosemary Rack of Lamb with Easy Tzatziki. You’ll need a food processor to make the seasoning paste, and a sheet pan to chill and cook the lamb. Other kitchen tools that will come in handy when making this dish are a meat thermometer and a box grater.
6. Potato Leek Soup is a spring comfort food
It doesn’t have to be winter to enjoy comfort food from the Barefoot Contessa. Her recipe for Potato Leek Soup features Yukon Gold potatoes, leeks, arugula, dry white wine, homemade chicken stock, heavy cream, creme fraiche, Parmesan, and shallots.
5. Ina Garten’s Carrot Cake with Ginger Mascarpone Frosting is a delicious dessert
There’s no need to make cake from a box when you can make Garten’s Carrot Cake with Ginger Mascarpone Frosting from scratch in under an hour.
4. Salmon and Melting Cherry Tomatoes features just a handful of ingredients
Garten’s Salmon and Melting Cherry Tomatoes are simply seasoned salmon filets served with warm balsamic cherry tomatoes. This dish takes about an hour to make and the ingredient list is short — olive oil, sweet onion, minced garlic, cherry tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil, and salmon.
3. Broccoli with Bow Ties and Peas is fast and easy
Another quick and easy spring recipe from Garten is Broccoli with Bow Ties and Peas. The ingredients in this dish include broccoli florets, bow tie pasta, frozen peas, butter, olive oil, minced garlic, zested lemons, black pepper, Parmesan, and pine nuts.
2. Crunchy Noodle Salad is quicker than take out
Garten’s Crunchy Noodle Salad is an Asian dish that gets its crunch from sugar snap peas, red bell pepper, and scallions. You can have this dish ready to eat quicker than you get takeout delivered!