Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, Shark Week is here to take a bite out of your summer. The long-running Discovery Channel event returns this July for another action-packed week of shark-themed programming, including new documentaries available exclusively on discovery+, a shark-themed reality series called Shark Academy, and appearances from Tiffany Haddish and Brad Paisley.
Shark Week on Discovery Channel begins July 11
Shark Week 2021 kicks off on Sunday, July 11 and runs through July 18. The 33rd-annual event will feature 45 hours of programming — the most in Shark Week history.
This year, the fun isn’t confined to a single week. All month long, Discovery Channel and discovery+ will celebrate everyone’s favorite apex predator with a shark-themed movie festival. The Sharknado series, Mega Shark vs. Octopus, Mega Shark vs. Mecha Shark, 2-Head Shark Attack, and 3-Headed Shark Attack are available to stream on discovery+. Plus, Steven Spielberg’s classic Jaws will air July 10 at 8 p.m. ET on Discovery Channel.
Shark Week 2021 schedule
Here’s the complete Shark Week 2021 schedule. All shows will also be available to stream on discovery+.
Sunday, July 11
- Crikey! It’s Shark Week at 8 p.m. ET
- Tiffany Haddish Does Shark Week at 9 p.m. ET
- Jackass Shark Week Special (WT) at 10 p.m. ET
Monday, July 12
- Air Jaws: Going For Gold at 8 p.m. ET
- Jaws Awakens: Phred vs. Slash at 9 p.m. ET
- Expedition Unknown: Shark Trek at 10 p.m. ET
Tuesday, July 13
- MotherSharker at 8 p.m. ET
- Brad Paisley’s Shark Country at 9 p.m. ET
- The Spawn Of El Diablo at 10 p.m. ET
Wednesday, July 14
- MechaShark at 8 p.m. ET
- The Real Sharknado at 9 p.m. ET
- Return to Lair of the Great White at 10 p.m. ET
Thursday, July 15
- Dr. Pimple Popper Pops Shark Week at 8 p.m. ET
- Sharkadelic Summer 2 at 9 p.m. ET
- Mega Jaws Of Bird Island at 10 p.m. ET
Friday, July 16
- Ninja Sharks: Mutants Rising at 8 p.m. ET
- Monster Sharks Of Andros Island at 9 p.m. ET
- Mystery Of The Black Demon Shark at 10 p.m. ET
- I Was Prey: Terrors Of The Deep 2 at 11 p.m. ET
Saturday, July 17
- Return To Shark Vortex at 8 p.m. ET
- Shark Week Best In Show at 9 p.m. ET
- I Was Prey: Shark Week 2021 at 10 p.m. ET
Sunday, July 18
- Shark Academy at 10 p.m. ET (available to stream July 11 on discovery+)
Stream more Shark Week content on discovery+
Not only can you watch all Shark Week programming on discovery+, but subscribers will also get access to some streaming-only content.
- Sharkbait with David Dobrik (WT): Streaming Sunday, July 11
- Stranger Sharks: Streaming Monday, July 12
- Great White Comeback: Streaming Tuesday, July 13
- Tiger Queen: Streaming Wednesday, July 14
- Raging Bulls: Streaming Thursday, July 15
- Extinct Or Alive: Jaws Of Alaska: Streaming Friday, July 16
- Rogue Tiger Shark: The Hunt For Lagertha: Streaming Saturday, July 17
- The Great Hammerhead Stakeout: Streaming July 18
In addition, two new feature-length documentaries will also be available to stream on discovery+.
Envoy: Shark Cull is narrated by Eric Bana and features ocean conservation experts as they discuss the role sharks play in the world’s oceans while also uncovering the longest marine cull in history. It premiered July 1.
Fin, from horror maestro Eli Roth, premieres Thursday, July 13. It looks at shark fishing around the world, exposing the criminal enterprise that puts these creatures at risk.
Check out Showbiz Cheat Sheet on Facebook!