‘The Challenge’: Nia Moore on Rumors She Was Banned: ‘I Should’ve Been’

Two-time competitor Nia Moore made it to her first finals during The Challenge: Battle of the Exes 2 but got disqualified due to inappropriately groping three-time champ Jordan Wiseley. Many fans thought she was banned from the reality series as she hadn’t returned since then. However, Nia, who is coming back for spinoff The Challenge: All Stars 3, recently claimed she wasn’t blocked but admitted, “I should’ve been.”

The Challenge 30 cast sitting down during The Ultimate Fan Experience
‘The Challenge 30’ cast | Lars Niki/Getty Images

Many fans thought Nia Moore was banned from ‘The Challenge’

After last competing in 2015’s The Challenge: Battle of the Exes 2, Nia Moore, 33, returned for spinoff All Stars 3. Due to her disqualification from the season shortly before the finals, many fans thought Nia was banned from The Challenge.

During an April 2022 interview with Mike Bloom, the reality star claimed she didn’t know where those reports came from as producers reportedly contacted her to return for the following season, Battle of the Bloodlines.

RELATED: ‘The Challenge: All Stars’: MJ Garrett Thinks He Has ‘More to Prove’ in Season 3

The theme required the players to compete alongside their siblings, and Nia said she planned to bring her little sister. However, she said she attempted to have someone pose as her fake cousin instead.

According to The Real World star, she didn’t want to have her sister in that environment.

Nia admits she ‘should’ve been banned’ following ‘Battle of the Exes 2’ disqualification

While she thinks they would’ve competed well together, Nia said she didn’t consider it “conducive” due to her past experiences and emotional immaturity at the time.

The reality star claimed that she wasn’t banned from the show but admitted “I should’ve been” due to her disqualification. Additionally, Nia pointed out she didn’t think she should’ve gotten invited to participate in The Challenge after her notorious fistfight with roommates during The Real World: Portland.

The 33-year-old also addressed her disqualification from Battle of the Exes 2, which occurred just before she would compete in her first finals. Nia was dismissed from the show due to inappropriately groping Jordan Wiseley.

She explained that the producers knew the “toxic” but flirty relationship with her Portland roommate and claimed her actions didn’t offend him.

Nia says she regrets calling Jordan the ‘f-word’ and later justifying it

According to Nia, the pair had gotten into intense arguments before during The Real World, in which they would tear clothes off one another.

Due to their dynamic, she claims they didn’t feel “violated” even though they sometimes crossed the line. However, the reality star regrets calling Jordan an “f—-t” and justifying it by claiming her gay friends gave her permission to say it.

Nia claims that he didn’t ask for her disqualification and wanted her to stay so he could beat her in the final. However, she said the producers removed her because her actions were classified as sexual harassment.

Although Nia understood the logic behind her dismissal, she admitted she worried about her partner, Leroy Garrett. According to the reality star, it worked out for him as Theresa Jones, his “real ex,” returned as his teammate. The Challenge: All Stars 3 premieres May 11 on Paramount+.

RELATED: ‘The Challenge’: Jordan Wiseley Said He Turned Down ‘All Stars’