Fox’s hit variety show, The Masked Singer, was back on our screens tonight with yet another shocking reveal. Producers promised incredible talent this season, and they have delivered on every level. Tonight The Masked Singer revealed the Mallard, which several people actually predicted ahead of time. Before we dive into the celebrity behind the mask, let’s take a look at who has been revealed so far and what clues the Mallard offered up to audiences.
Who has ‘The Masked Singer’ revealed so far?
So far, we’ve seen the following characters revealed:
- Octopus: Dwight Howard – This was a pretty easy one for the judges because the Octopus was extremely tall. Ken Jeong even got it right on his first impression guess. He used clues like saying his lucky number was eight, and he performed Little Richard’s Tutti Frutti.
- Mother Nature: Vivica A. Fox – This well-known movie star performed the iconic song I’m Coming Out by Diana Ross. She was the second celebrity to be unmasked on but was still happy with the experience. Fox said she’s always enjoyed challenging herself, and participating in The Masked Singer was something she had never done before.
- Pufferfish: Toni Braxton – The Pufferfish was the third celebrity eliminated on the show, and it was none other than the Grammy award-winning singer Toni Braxton. Her clues included feeling as though she never fit in as a child and noting that her voice was always different, but not necessarily in a good way. Braxton was diagnosed with Lupus previously, so she told audiences she had been very nervous throughout the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Masked Singer was a way for her to alleviate some of that anxiety.
- Dalmatian: Tyga – Audiences were blown away when the Dalmatian pulled off his mask to reveal hip-hop star, Tyga. His clues were pretty obscure, mentioning always being the underdog and how he was ready to fight his way to the top. The guesses from panelists included other rappers like Nelly, but no one got it correct.
- The Baby: Larry the Cable Guy – The Baby cracked audiences up with his random rendition of The Flintstones theme song. The performer kept audiences guessing for the most part, but fans cheered when the mask was removed.
- The Hamster: Rob Schneider – The Saturday Night Live alum thrilled fans when he removed the Hamster mask, but it seemed as if a lot of viewers already knew who it was.
- Beach Ball: Alana (Here Comes Honey Boo Boo) and “Mama June” Shannon – The two reality TV stars shocked audiences when both of them emerged from one costume.
What were some of the Mallard’s clues?
The Mallard’s costume included a fancy suit and a monocle and a cane which may have thrown some people off. The picture of a phone in the Mallard’s clues had some people believe that was a clever way of hinting at a duck call. The character talks about getting his start selling worms, and believe it or not, there’s actually a celebrity out there who got their start selling worms. The Mallard also talks about being a “human jukebox” during his time on the school bus as a kid.
‘The Masked Singer’ revealed the Mallard to be Willie Robertson from ‘Duck Dynasty’
Willie Robertson got his start on the reality tv show Duck Dynasty but has really developed the brand since his time on the show. His clues were pretty helpful, and several people predicted him as the Mallard.
Stay tuned to Showbiz Cheat Sheet for all of you Masked Singer news. The Masked Singer airs on Wednesday nights on Fox.