‘The Umbrella Academy’ Season 3 Episode Count and Titles Revealed
It’s been way too long since The Umbrella Academy fans have gotten to see their favorite dysfunctional superhero family. Netflix has yet to set an official release date. But in the meantime, fans can pick apart The Umbrella Academy season 3 episode titles showrunner Steve Blackman recently revealed.
‘The Umbrella Academy’ season 3 be the same length as the last two
The first two seasons of The Umbrella Academy aired with ten episodes each. But luckily, rather than shortening the successful series, as so many networks and streamers seem to do, Netflix is keeping things consistent.
The Umbrella Academy season 3 will also get ten episodes. Netflix hasn’t released information on the premiere date. But knowing that filming and production started in February 2021, the new season will likely drop sometime toward the end of 2021 or in early 2022.
Showrunner Steve Blackman reveals the episodes titles for ‘The Umbrella Academy’ season 3
From June 7 to June 11, Netflix is hosting its Netflix’s Geeked Week and dropping news and updates about some of its most popular series. In a brief interview during the live stream, The Umbrella Academy showrunner Steve Blackman revealed a few hints about season 3.
“We have tons of Easter eggs,” he said. “We love putting Easter eggs in for fans. And there [are] more Easter eggs than ever this year than our previous seasons.”
“Music is bigger in the show this year,” Blackman added. “And it’s wilder. There’s just more of it, and I think people will be pleasantly surprised and really excited to hear what music we put into the show.”
And while he didn’t divulge any plot or character details, Blackman did reveal the titles of all 10 season 3 episodes. The titles are as follows:
- Episode 301: “Meet the Family” — We’re guessing this refers to the Sparrow Academy family teased in the season 2 finale.
- Episode 302: “World’s Biggest Ball of Twine” — Blackman revealed this one with a cheeky smile.
- Episode 303: “Pocket Full of Lightning”
- Episode 304: “Kugelblitz” — This is a real word that describes a black hole formed by radiation.
- Episode 305: “Kindest Cut”
- Episode 306: “Marigold” — Blackman teased this title is an Easter egg that fans of The Umbrella Academy comics may recognize.
- Episode 307: “Auf Wiedersehen”
- Episode 308: “Wedding at the End of the World” — Are wedding bells in the picture for any of the Hargreeves siblings?
- Episode 309: “Six Bells” — Blackman noted that this title will hold more meaning when fans start watching season 3.
- Episode 10: “Oblivion” — This title may refer to Gerard Way’s third series in The Umbrella Academy Comics, Hotel Oblivion.
‘The Umbrella Academy’ creator hints at what’s to come in season 3
The season 2 finale of The Umbrella Academy found the Hargreeves in an alternate timeline, where The Sparrow Academy has replaced them. When talking to Forbes, Gerard Way, who wrote the comic book series with illustrator Gabriel Bá, teased the new season would finally address the other superpowered kids born on the same day as the Hargreeves.
“[It] deals with a very big reveal in The Umbrella Academy universe, something that had been secret for a long time,” Way explained. “And our siblings learn a lot about what was happening behind the scenes, as well as discovering the true nature of some characters that have been with them since the beginning.”
“The series finally starts to answer the question: ‘What about the other babies born on that day, in that moment?’” he added. “The Umbrella Academy siblings are not alone in the world anymore.”