Skip to main content

TXT Prove They Are K-pop Leaders With New Billboard Ranking

On June 15, Billboard reported that TOMORROW X TOGETHER's new album 'The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE' debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 chart. With this, TXT achieved their highest ranking on the acclaimed chart. Previously, the band's highest charting position was No. 25 with their EP 'minisode1: Blue Hour.' By ranking in the top five spots on the Billboard 200 with their newest album, TXT set themselves apart as leaders of K-pop's 4th generation.

On May 31, TOMORROW X TOGETHER began a new era with their album, The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE. The studio album is the K-pop group‘s second full-length record. With The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE, Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening Kai push the boundaries musically, and the hard work paid off. On June 15, Billboard announced that the quintet’s new album debuted at No. 5 on the acclaimed Billboard 200 chart, a new personal best for TXT.

Soobin, Huening Kai, Beomgyu, Yeonjun, and Taehyun of TXT stand at their Global Media Showcase for 'The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE'
TXT | Big Hit Music

TXT’s album ‘The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE’ debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200

Before The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE, TXT’s highest placement on the Billboard 200 was with their 2020 EP minisode1: Blue Hour, which debuted at No. 25 on the chart. The quintet has had four albums place on the Billboard 200: Still Dreaming, The Dream Chapter: Star, minisode1: Blue Hour, and The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE.

In addition to debuting at No. 5 on the Billboard 200, The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE also reached No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Album Sales chart. This is TXT’s second No. 1 on the Top Album Sales chart, with their first No. 1 occurring with minisode1: Blue Hour.

Billboard reports that The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE “sold 39,000 copies in the U.S. in the week ending June 10, according to MRC Data. It’s the best sales week yet for the act… A hefty 96% of the album’s sales came from the CD editions, while the remaining 4% were from the digital album.”

The members of TXT co-wrote songs on ‘The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE’

Since debuting as TXT in 2019, Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening Kai have continuously evolved their talent, and they became more involved in the music-making process with each album.

The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE has eight tracks:

  1. “Anti-Romantic”
  2. “0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) feat. Seori”
  3. “Magic”
  4. “소악행” (“Ice Cream”)
  5. “밸런스 게임” (“What if I had been that PUMA”)
  6. “No Rules”
  7. “디어 스푸트니크” (“Dear Sputnik”)
  8. “Frost”

On the album, Soobin co-wrote “Ice Cream.” Yeonjun, Beomgyu, and Taehyun all participated in co-writing “What if I had been that PUMA.” Beomgyu, Yeonjun, Taehyun, and Huening Kai co-wrote the song “No Rules.”

Taehyun and Huening Kai both worked together to co-write “Dear Sputnik,” and Huening Kai also helped produce the song. Yeonjun co-wrote the last song on the tracklist of The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE, “Frost.”


ENHYPEN Release Their New EP ‘Border: Carnival’

The K-pop group released a music video for ‘Magic’

When The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE dropped on May 31, TXT also released a music video for the album’s lead single, “0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) feat. Seori.” The single is a pop-rock track that embodies the chaotic energy of the album.

“Magic” is the quintet’s first English-language track, and it was written by Olly Murs, Sarah Blanchard, Richard Boardman, Pablo Bowman, Anders Froen, and Aaron Hibell. On June 10, Soobin, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, and Huening Kai released a music video for “Magic” that featured an elaborate storyline and powerful choreography.

TXT also performed on Good Morning America on June 10 and June 12, and the band performed “0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) feat. Seori” on The Late Late Show With James Corden on June 14. With these performances and the new Billboard ranking, TXT have proved they are leaders of K-pop’s 4th generation.