Amazon is an American technology company that focuses on e-commerce, digital stream, cloud computing, and AI. It was founded by Jeff Bezos in 1994. Initially, Amazon was a book marketplace. These days, the company has been coined “The Everything Store,” as it offers hundreds of thousands of products. Amazon features a membership called Amazon Prime, which includes free two-day shipping, as well as access to many of its features/services. These include Amazon Prime Video, Audible, Amazon Music, Prime Gaming, Amazon Photos, and more.
- Founded: July 5, 1994, Bellevue, Wash.
- Founder: Jeff Bezos
- CEO: Andy Jassy
- Headquarters: Seattle, Wash.
- Subsidiaries: Amazon Web Services, Zoox, Kuiper Systems, Amazon Lab126, Ring, Twitch, IMDb, Whole Foods Market, and more.
- Best known for: Free two-day shipping on a wide variety of products
- Company Net Worth: $1.65 trillion
Visit Amazon’s website.