- Longtime Married at First Sight expert Dr. Viviana Coles was missing from the season 15 matchmaking special.
- Coles said on Instagram that she had decided to move on from the show.
- DeVon Franklin and Dr. Pia Holec will provide relationship advice and support throughout the San Diego season.
On June 22, Married at First Sight fans got their first look at the San Diego singles who are willing to take a big leap in order to find love. But as Pastor Cal Roberson and Dr. Pepper Schwartz evaluated the season 15 candidates, viewers had a huge question: Where was Dr. Viviana Coles?
Dr. Viviana Coles has moved on from ‘Married at First Sight’
Dr. Viviana Coles joined the Married at First Sight panel of experts in season 9. The sex therapist was a familiar face on the next seven seasons of the Lifetime reality series. But in late May, she revealed she would not return for season 15.
The Houston-based relationship expert decided it was time to move on, she explained.
“I have always stayed busy with meaningful projects in my professional and personal life,” she wrote in a May 27 Instagram post. “I have decided to focus more of that energy on new exciting opportunities to further my mission to help others in their intimate relationships. I won’t be returning to Married at First Sight next season.”
Coles added that she was “grateful” for her time on the show. She stressed that she wasn’t bowing out because she had concerns about Married at First Sight or its format.
“I believe in the MAFS process and in my colleagues and will continue to wish them and all of the upcoming participants the best,” she wrote.
Pastor Cal and Dr. Pepper matched the season 15 couples
With Coles no longer participating in Married at First Sight, the show’s remaining two experts were left on their own to match the San Diego couples. In the June 22 episode, Roberson and Schwartz evaluated the season 15 applicants, conducted home visits, and ultimately paired up 10 singles who they thought were ready to get married at first sight.
This season’s couples are:
- Lindy, a 29-year-old physical therapist, and Miguel, 35, an associate medical director
- Krysten, a 32-year-old sales rep, and Mitch, a 41-year-old environmental policy advocate
- Alexis, 29, a logistics specialist, and Justin, 33, a digital marketing specialist
- Stacia, a 37-year-old accountant, and Nate, 34, a day trader
- Morgan, 27, a registered nurse, and Binh, a 29-year-old engineer
DeVon Franklin and Dr. Pia Holec have joined the Lifetime reality series
While Schwartz and Roberson handled the matchmaking duties for Married at First Sight’s first-ever west coast season, they won’t be the only experts helping the participants on their journey.
DeVon Franklin and Dr. Pia Holec will be on hand to provide additional support to the season 15 couples. Franklin is the best-selling author of relationship books such as The Truth About Men. Holec is a psychotherapist who specializes in sex and couples’ therapy.
The Married at First Sight Season 15 Kickoff Special airs Wednesday, June 29 at 8 p.m. ET on Lifetime. Married at First Sight Season 15 premieres July 6 at 8 p.m. ET.
For more on the entertainment world and exclusive interviews, subscribe to Showbiz Cheat Sheet’s YouTube channel.