‘Survivor’ Season 42 Won’t Air Tonight, but Fans Already Think They Know Who Makes It Past Tribal Council in Episode 1
Although Survivor Season 42 is not new tonight, the reality competition series returns in a few weeks. And fans are already trying to dig up all of the spoilers they can find for the new season. Some Reddit users even believe they know the season 42 winner. But others are starting small by finding out which castaways will survive the first vote.
[Spoiler alert: This article may contain spoilers from Survivor Season 42.]
Who is in the ‘Survivor’ Season 42 cast?
Eighteen people will compete in Fiji for the million dollars and the title of Sole Survivor in the next installment of Survivor. The Survivor Season 42 cast includes:
- Chanelle Howell (29), an executive recruiter from New York, NY
- Daniel Strunk (30), a law clerk from New Haven, CT
- Drea Wheeler (35), a fitness consultant from Montreal, Québec, Canada
- Hai Giang (29), a data scientist from New Orleans, LA
- Jackson Fox (48), a healthcare worker from Houston, TX
- Jenny Kim (43), a creative director from New York, NY
- Jonathan Young (29), a beach service company owner from Gadsden, AL
- Lindsay Dolashewich (31), a dietitian from Asbury Park, NJ
- Lydia Meredith (22), a waitress from Santa Monica, CA
- Marya Sherron (47), a stay-at-home mom from Noblesville, IN
- Maryanne Oketch (24), a seminary student from Ajax, Ontario, Canada
- Mike Turner (58), a retired firefighter from Hoboken, NJ
- Omar Zaheer (31), a veterinarian from Whitby, Ontario, Canada
- Rocksroy Bailey (44), a stay-at-home dad from Las Vegas, NV
- Romeo Escobar (37), a pageant coach from Norwalk, CA
- Swati Goel (19), an Ivy League student from Palo Alto, CA
- Tori Meehan (25), a therapist from Rogers, AR
- Zach Wurtenberger (22), a student from St. Louis, MO
Producers will divide the Survivor Season 42 castaways into three tribes: Vati, Taku, and Ika. Chanelle, Daniel, Jenny, Hai, Lydia, and Mike are on the Vati tribe. Jonathan, Maryanne, Omar, Lindsay, Jackson, and Marya are on the Taku tribe. And Rocksroy, Tori, Romeo, Swati, Zach, and Drea are on the Ika tribe.
Reddit fans speculate which castaways make it to episode 2
Thanks to a Survivor Season 42 preview, some fans think they know a handful of contestants who won’t leave in episode 1. They posted their theories coupled with a shot from the video in a Reddit thread. They believe the photo, which may feature Jenny and Tori, depicts a challenge in a future episode.
The original poster said, “And of course Swati [who is with Tori in the captured image], but we already knew she wasn’t gonna be a first boot. Also, in the back, you can see Daniel at the sit out bench, so it means [that] Vati won the immunity challenge in episode 1.”
So, if they are correct and Vati wins immunity in the premiere, then Chanelle, Daniel, Jenny, Hai, Lydia, and Mike make it through to episode 2. However, the picture is blurry, and it’s unclear if the person is sitting out or is a caller in the challenge.
Another Reddit user isn’t sure that the person “sitting out” is Daniel. They said, “Is that Zach or Daniel? That is the same shade of blue of the shirt that Zach was wearing from the tribe pictures.”
If it is Zach, then Ika might have won the first immunity challenge, and Rocksroy, Tori, Romeo, Swati, Zach, and Drea would be in Survivor Season 42 Episode 2. But this is just speculation at this point. Since Survivor is not on tonight, there is a lot of time for fans to theorize and find spoilers.
‘Survivor’ Season 42 will feature the same twists from season 41
When Survivor Season 42 returns, it will look a lot like season 41. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, producers had to film the seasons back-to-back. So, they utilized many of the same elements from season 41 in season 42.
The new game will only be 26 days, so it will feature the same fast pace as the previous installment. Plus, twists like the “Beware Advantage” and “Shot in the Dark” will likely make their way back in season 42. And since the seasons were filmed right after the other, the new castaways will have no idea what any of these twists are.
Survivor Season 42 will not air tonight, Feb. 16, but it premieres on Wednesday, March 9, at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.