Michelle Young will begin her season of The Bachelorette on Oct. 19, and many people will want to pay attention to who she gives her first impression rose to. The first impression rose recipient always stands out, not only to viewers but also to the season’s contestants. It’s evident that the rose will go to whoever Michelle thinks she has the best connection with after first meeting everyone. This man is always a frontrunner, so how many first impression rose recipients have ended up with the Bachelorette? And are they still together?
All the Bachelorettes who picked their first rose recipient in the finale
The Bachelorette first started the tradition of handing out first impression roses in season 4. Since then, seven Bachelorettes have gone on to pick their first impression rose recipient in the finale. Below is the list of women who gave their first rose to their eventual winner.
- DeAnna Pappas (The Bachelorette Season 4) gave her first rose to Jesse Csincsak and picked him in the end.
- Ali Fedotowsky (The Bachelorette Season 6) gave her first rose to Roberto Martinez and picked him in the end.
- Kaitlyn Bristowe (The Bachelorette Season 11) gave her first rose to Shawn Booth and picked him in the end.
- Joelle “JoJo” Fletcher (The Bachelorette Season 12) gave her first rose to Jordan Rodgers and picked him in the end.
- Rachel Lindsay (The Bachelorette Season 13) gave her first rose to Bryan Abasolo and picked him in the end.
- Becca Kufrin (The Bachelorette Season 14) gave her first rose to Garrett Yrigoyen and picked him in the end.
- Clare Crawley (The Bachelorette Season 16) gave her first rose to Dale Moss and picked him in the end.
The women in The Bachelorette are a lot more successful than the men in The Bachelor when picking their first impression rose recipients. In The Bachelor, the men choosing the women they gave their first rose to in the finale has only happened twice.
Sean Lowe (The Bachelor Season 17) gave his first rose to Catherine Giudici and picked her in the finale. And Peter Weber (The Bachelor Season 24) gave his first rose to Hannah Ann Sluss and chose her in the end. Sean and Catherine are still together, but Peter and Hannah are not.
Are these couples still together?
Unfortunately, not all of these formers Bachelorettes are still together with their first impression rose recipient as of Oct. 2021.
The couples no longer together are DeAnna Pappas and Jesse Csincsak, Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez, Kaitlyn Bristowe and Shawn Booth, Becca Kufrin and Garrett Yrigoyen, and Clare Crawley and Dale Moss.
So, by process of elimination, JoJo Fletcher and Rachel Lindsay are the only two Bachelorettes who are still together with their first impression recipient. Rachel and Bryan got married in Aug. 2019. And JoJo and Jordan have a wedding date set for May 2022. The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic forced the couple to delay their wedding date a couple of times.
Michelle Young will pick her first rose recipient on Oct. 19
Michelle Young will begin her quest for love in The Bachelorette soon, leaving her past with Matt James behind. She will meet 30 men who are all vying for her love and attention. Former Bachelorettes Tayshia Adams and Kaitlyn Bristowe will host the show and help Michelle in her journey.
Fans who want to tune in to see who Michelle picks to be her husband can watch The Bachelorette on Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on ABC. The episodes will also be available to stream on the ABC app or Hulu the following day.
You can tune in to The Bachelorette on Oct. 19 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC to see who Michelle gives her first impression rose to.