Mindy Kaling is an American actor, screenwriter, producer, and director who is best known for her roles as Kelly Kapoor on The Office and Mindy Lahiri on The Mindy Project. She also had roles in The Night Before, A Wrinkle in Time, Ocean’s 8, and Late Night
Additionally, Kaling created the NBC sitcom Champions, the Hulu miniseries Four Weddings and a Funeral, and the Netflix series Never Have I Ever. Her voiceover work includes roles in Despicable Me, Wreck-It Ralph, and Inside Out.
Kaling has also written two memoirs that have made it to The New York Times Best Seller list: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) and Why Not Me?
- Full name: Vera Mindy Chokalingam
- Birthday: June 24, 1979
- Height: 5’4″
- Hometown: Cambridge, Mass.
- Net worth: $35 million
- Relationship status: Single
- Kids: Katherine Swati (born December 2017), Spencer Avu (born September 2020
- Fun facts: She graduated from Dartmouth College with a degree in playwriting; Kaling was raised Hindu and still is today; B.J. Novak is her kids’ godfather