Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, is a member of the British royal family. Born to Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, he is second in the line of succession to the British throne after his father. He is married to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge.
William entered Eton College in 1995 and upon graduating, he took a break to visit South America and Africa. He earned a degree in geography in 2005 from St. Andrew’s University in Scotland. William later joined the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst as a military cadet and was appointed to be a Royal Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter in 2008.
William met Kate while they were both students at the University of St. Andrews. The two started as friends, dated, and eventually tied the knot. William proposed in Kenya with the engagement ring that belonged to his late mother, Diana. The iconic ring has a 12-carat oval Ceylon sapphire surrounded by 14 solitaire diamonds.
- Full Name: William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor
- Royal Title:His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales
- Parents: Prince Charles and Princess Diana
- Sibling(s): Prince Harry
- Age: 39 years old (Born on June 21, 1982)
- Height: 6′ 3″
- Spouse: Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
- Children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis