50 Cent is an American rapper, entrepreneur, producer, and actor who rose to fame with the release of his 2003 song “In da Club” and album Get Rich or Die Tryin’. But more important, he’s a survivor. He survived a rough upbringing in New York’s Queens neighborhood, a crack-dealing past, and nine gunshot wounds.
Not only that, but the hip-hop heavyweight has also endured in the entertainment industry by diversifying beyond music. He acts in and produces TV shows such as the popular Starz series Power and the ABC legal drama For Life.
Plus, he survived nearly going broke after lavish spending landed him in Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The artist bounced back with lucrative endorsement deals to secure an estimated net worth of $40 million.
He also gives back with his G-Unity Foundation. The nonprofit teaches young people in U.S. cities the social and leadership skills they need to not only survive but also thrive.
- Full name: Curtis James Jackson III
- Born: July 6, 1975
- Hometown: New York City, New York
- Net worth: $40 million
- Children: Marquise Jackson, Sire Jackson
- Genre: Hip-hop, rap
- Top tracks: “In da Club,” “Ayo Technology,” “P.I.M.P.,” “Candy Shop” featuring Olivia, “Just a Lil Bit,” “So Seductive” featuring Tony Yayo
- Top albums: Get Rick or Die Tryin’, The Massacre, Curtis, The New Breed
- Top TV shows: Power, For Life
- Fun fact: He has a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame for his contributions to the music industry.
- If you like this artist, you might also like: DMX, Dr. Dre, Eminem, G-Unit, The Game, Ja Rule, Jadakiss, Jay-Z, Jeremih, Jeezy, Mobb Deep, Rick Ross
Visit 50 Cent’s official website.