Anne showed an interest in horsemanship from a young age and participated in the 1976 Montreal Olympics. In 1987, Anne secured the title of princess royal. It is a title typically held by the British monarch’s oldest daughter.
Anne married army officer Capt. Mark Phillips in 1973 at Westminster Abbey. The couple welcomed two children: Peter Phillips in 1977 and Zara Phillips in 1981. Anne and Mark divorced in April 1992. In December of the same year, she married Comdr. Timothy Laurence.
- Full Name: Anne Elizabeth Alice Louise
- Royal Title: Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal
- Parents: Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip
- Siblings: King Charles, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward
- Born: Aug. 15, 1950
- Height: 5 feet 6 inches
- Spouses: Timothy Laurence (1992-current) and Mark Phillips (1973–1992)
- Children: Zara Tindall and Peter Phillips