Giada De Laurentiis
Giada De Laurentiis didn’t intend to become a celebrity. Though she is legendary film producer Dino De Laurentiis’ granddaughter, she enjoyed working at his food market and trained at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris to become a chef.
But those plans changed when a Food Network executive saw her in Food & Wine magazine. The network thought De Laurentiis’ good looks and charisma would attract TV viewers, so it invited her to host a new cooking show. The hunch was correct. She became a household name on Everyday Italian from 2003 to 2008, winning an Emmy Award for outstanding lifestyle host.
That success led to other Emmy-winning shows, cookbooks, restaurants, TV appearances, and co-hosting gigs with fellow celebrity chef Bobby Flay. So it’s no surprise De Laurentiis’ net worth has climbed to a cool $30 million.
But it is a wonder how she does it all in addition to being a mother. And the Italian-American chef shows no signs of stopping.
- Full name: Giada Pamela De Laurentiis
- Birthday: August 22, 1970
- Hometown: Rome, Italy
- Height: 5’2″
- Net worth: $30 million
- Spouse: Todd Thompson (m. 2003-2015)
- Children: Jade Marie De Laurentiis Thompson
- Fun fact: She puts olive oil on her face and hair to keep them healthy-looking.
- Most famous for: Cooking shows, cookbooks
Visit Giada De Laurentiis’ website.