Matthew McConaughey is an award-winning American actor whose breakout role was in 1993’s Dazed and Confused. Following a string of supporting roles in films like Angels in the Outfield, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and The Next Generation, he landed his breakout lead in A Time to Kill.
Throughout the early 2000s, McConaughey starred in a number of romantic comedies for which he’s well known, including: The Wedding Planner, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Failure to Launch, Fool’s Gold, and Ghosts of Girlfriend’s Past.
His role as Ron Woodroof in 2013’s Dallas Buyers Club earned him an Academy Award for Best Actor, and his role as Rust Cohle in season 1 of True Detective earned him a nomination for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series.
- Full name: Matthew David McConaughey
- Birthday: Nov. 4, 1969
- Height: 6 feet
- Hometown: Longview, Texas
- Net worth: $140 million
- Relationship status: Married to Camila Alves
- Kids: Levi, Vida, and Livingston
- Fun facts: He was considered for the role of Jack in Titanic; McConaughey is a film professor at the University of Texas; his parents were married to each other three times (and divorced twice); he is the voice of Buster Moon in Sing.