Charlie Hunnam is an English actor best known for playing Jax in Sons of Anarchy. The popular TV series, about an arms-dealing outlaw motorcycle club, aired on FX from 2008 to 2014 and streams in reruns on Hulu.
At the turn of the millennium, Hunnam garnered attention for his role as a gay teen on the British TV show Queer as Folk. Soon after, he starred on the silver screen in 2002’s Nicholas Nickelby before appearing in movies such as 2003’s Cold Mountain and 2006’s Children of Men.
While filming Sons of Anarchy, he led Guillermo del Toro’s 2013 sci-fi blockbuster Pacific Rim. After SOA wrapped, Hunnam appeared in a steady stream of films, including 2016’s The Lost City of Z, Guy Ritchie’s 2017 action/adventure drama King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, and the Netflix thriller Triple Frontier.
The actor has also dabbled in screenwriting. Before he landed Sons of Anarchy, Hunnam sold his screenplay about Vlad the Impaler to Summit Entertainment.
- Full name: Charles Matthew Hunnam
- Born: April 10, 1980
- Hometown: Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Height: 6 feet
- Net worth: $20 million
- Partner: Morgana McNelis (since 2005)
- Spouse: Katharine Towne (m. 1999-2002)
- Top movies/TV shows: Sons of Anarchy, Pacific Rim, The Lost City of Z, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
- Fun facts: Hunnam is an admitted germophobe and a “big crier.”
Visit Charlie Hunnam’s IMDb page.