Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, is an award-winning music artist, record producer, and fashion designer. He’s famous for hit albums like The College Dropout, his Yeezy brand, and his marriage to Kim Kardashian West.
Since he began his ascent as a rapper in 1996, Ye has recorded over 100 Billboard Hot 100 songs, earned more than 20 Grammy Awards, and amassed a net worth of over a billion dollars. But most of that wealth comes courtesy of Yeezy, his sneaker collaboration with the sportswear company Adidas.
Ye is also known for his eccentric behavior, including interrupting Taylor Swift’s MTV Video Music Awards acceptance speech to declare Beyoncé the rightful winner, making controversial comments about slavery, and mounting a campaign for U.S. president.
- Full name: Ye (born Kanye Omari West)
- Birthday: June 8, 1977
- Hometown: Atlanta, Georgia
- Height: 5’8″
- Net worth: $2 billion
- Spouse: Kim Kardashian (m. 2014-2022)
- Children: Psalm West, Chicago West, Saint West, North West
- Genres: Rap, hip-hop, pop, gospel
- Top tracks/albums: “Diamonds From Sierra Leone,” “Famous,” “Gold Digger,” “Hurricane,” “Jesus Walks,” “Monster,” “Niggas in Paris,” “Southside,” “Stronger,” 808s & Heartbreak, Donda, Graduation, Late Registration, The Life of Pablo, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Watch the Throne, Yeezus
- If you like this artist, you might also like: Common, Diddy, Drake, Missy Elliott, Jay-Z, Kid Cudi, Nas