Matt Damon is an American actor, producer, and screenwriter whose movies have collectively earned over $3 billion. But despite his Hollywood A-lister status, he keeps his personal life as private as possible.
Damon struggled with sudden fame after his and Ben Affleck’s 1997 surprise hit Good Will Hunting won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay. Still, he has built a hugely successful career through film acting and TV production.
Aside from his initial Oscar hit, he is famous for playing Jason Bourne in the action/thriller film series of the same name. He’s also known for The Last Duel, The Martian, The Departed, and Saving Private Ryan,
In 2003, he co-starred with Greg Kinnear in the Farrelly brothers comedy Stuck on You. They play conjoined twins who move to Hollywood so one can pursue acting. The movie received mixed reviews, but Damon credits it for introducing him to his wife, Luciana Barroso, whom he met while filming in Miami.
- Full name: Matthew Paige Damon
- Born: October 8, 1970, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Height: 5’10”
- Net worth: $170 million
- Wife: Luciana Barroso (m. 2005)
- Kids: Isabella Damon, Stella Damon, Gia Zavala Damon
- Top Matt Damon movies: The Last Duel, The Martian, Jason Bourne, The Bourne Identity, The Departed, Saving Private Ryan, Good Will Hunting
- Odd jobs before he was famous: Construction worker
- Interesting fact: As an advocate for international communities lacking access to water and sanitation, he co-founded the global nonprofit Water.org.