American-born Australian Nicole Kidman was born in Honolulu, Hawaii but grew up in Sydney, Australia. Despite being shy, she began studying acting at a young age and received praise for her work at Sydney’s Phillip Street Theatre. After appearing in many Australian movies and TV shows, Kidman rose to international fame in Days of Thunder, which costarred her future ex-husband, Tom Cruise.
Since the early ’90s, Kidman has transformed from a sexy love interest to a beloved and timeless icon with roles in The Hours, Eyes Wide Shut, Moulin Rouge, To Die For, and The Others. She has won an Academy Award for Best Actress, a BAFTA Award, two Primetime Emmy Awards, a Screen Actors Guild Award, three Critics’ Choice Awards, and five Golden Globe Awards.
- Full name: Nicole Mary Kidman
- Age: 54 (June 20, 1967)
- Height: 5’11”
- Spouse: Tom Cruise (m. 1990; div. 2001), Keith Urban (m. 2006)
- Children: Isabella Jane Cruise (b. 1992), Connor Cruise (b. 1995), Sunday Rose Kidman Urban (b. 2008), and Faith Margaret Kidman Urban (b. 2010)
- Hometown: Honolulu, Hawaii (born), Sydney, Australia (raised)
- Net worth: estimated $250 million