Disney Channel is an American TV cable channel that debuted in 1983 and is owned by Disney Branded Television, which is a unit of the Disney General Entertainment Content division of The Walt Disney Company. Programming includes original series, original TV movies, theatrically-released movies, and third-party programming.
Originally, Disney Channel programming was marketed toward families, before switching to younger children in the 2000s. These days, its target audience is mostly kids between the ages of 6 and 14. (Disney Junior shows are aimed toward children 2-7 and Disney XD is aimed toward older kids, between ages 6 and 11.)
- Founders: Walt Disney Productions
- Launched: April 18, 1983
- Owner: Disney Branded Television
- How to watch: Cable TV provider or through a paid subscription to a streaming service such as DirecTV Stream, fuboTV, Hulu Live TV, Sling TV, or YouTube TV
- Top programs: That’s So Raven, A. N. T. Farm, Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, Phineas and Ferb, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie, Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, The Proud Family, Bluey, Big City Greens, Jessie, Bunk’d
- Best known for: Kids programming focused on learning and entertainment
Visit Disney Channel’s website.