Gwyneth Paltrow is an American actor and businesswoman. Following early roles in Seven, Emma, Sliding Doors, and A Perfect Murder, she gained recognition for her role as Viola de Lesseps in the 1998 film Shakespeare in Love, for which she earned an Academy Award for Best Actress.
Paltrow has also starred in the following films: The Talented Mr. Ripley, The Royal Tenenbaums, Shallow Hal, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and Proof. Additionally, she played Pepper Potts in the MCU from 2008 to 2019.
Paltrow has also earned a Golden Globe Award and two Screen Actors Guild Awards for Shakespeare in Love, as well as a Primetime Emmy Award for her guest role in Glee. In 2009, she earned a Grammy Award nomination for Best Spoken Word Album for Children for the audiobook Brown Bear and Friends.
She owns the lifestyle company Goop.
- Full name: Gwyneth Kate Paltrow Falchuk
- Birthday: Sept. 27, 1972
- Height: 5’9″
- Hometown: Santa Monica, Calif.
- Net worth $200 million
- Relationship status: Married to Brad Falchuk since 2018; previously married to Chris Martin (2003-2016)
- Kids: Apple Martin, Moses Martin
- Fun facts: She’s the daughter of actress Blythe Danner and film producer/director Bruce Paltrow; her godfather is Steven Spielberg; Paltrow studied anthropology at the University of California, Santa Barbara, before dropping out to pursue acting.