Halsey is an American singer-songwriter known for her raspy vocals. The music artist burst onto the scene in 2014 after uploading her track “Ghost” to SoundCloud. She has since become an international superstar, earning multiplatinum-selling status and tens of millions of followers.
Her biggest hits include 2019’s “Without Me,” reaching number 11 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary chart. “Bad at Love” peaked at 20 in 2018, and “Eastside” with Benny Blanco and Khalid went to 21 the following year. She also saw major success as a featured artist on the Chainsmokers’ “Closer,” peaking at number eight in 2017.
In addition, the Grammy Award-nominated artist has released four studio albums — Badlands (2015), Hopeless Fountain Kingdom (2017), Manic (2020), and If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power (2021) — and collaborated with music giants such as Justin Timberlake and BTS.
She also famously dated G-Eazy for more than a year beginning in 2017, when she released the hit “Him & I” featuring the rapper.
- Full name: Ashley Nicolette Frangipane
- Born: Sept. 29, 1994
- Hometown: Edison, New Jersey
- Net worth: $20 million
- Height: 5 feet 4 inches
- Partner: Alev Aydin
- Children: Ender Ridley Aydin
- Genre: Alternative rock, electronic, pop
- Top tracks: “Bad at Love,” “Closer,” “Eastside,” “Ghost,” “Him & I,” “Without Me”
- Fun fact: Only a few hours after she uploaded “Ghost” to SoundCloud, five record labels had contacted her.
- If you like this artist, you might also like: Alessia Cara, Birdy, FKA Twigs, Lady Gaga, G-Eazy, Dua Lipa, Lorde, Tove Lo