Mark Harmon is an American actor and producer famous for his role as Leroy Jethro Gibbs in the CBS drama NCIS. Since the TV show’s debut in 2003, he starred as a special agent in the Naval Criminal Investigative Service. In 2021, Harmon exited the series after 18 seasons. His last episode was “Great Wide Open,” in which Gibbs cheats death and decides to live in Alaska instead of returning to Washington, D.C.
Aside from his NCIS gig, the Emmy– and Golden Globe-nominated actor has appeared in numerous other TV series and movies. He played Ryan in the 2003 Lindsay Lohan version of Freaky Friday. And he portrayed the serial killer Ted Bundy in 1986’s The Deliberate Stranger. He also guest-starred opposite Cybill Shepherd and Bruce Willis in the ’80s series Moonlighting. And he portrayed Dr. Robert Caldwell in the medical drama St. Elsewhere and Fielding Carlyle in the soap opera Flamingo Road.
He has been married to Mork & Mindy star Pam Dawber since 1987.
- Full name: Thomas Mark Harmon
- Born: September 2, 1951
- Hometown: Burbank, California
- Height: 6’0″
- Net worth: $100 million
- Spouse: Pam Dawber (m. 1987)
- Children: Sean Harmon, Ty Christian Harmon
- Top TV shows: NCIS, The West Wing, Chicago Hope, St. Elsewhere
- Top movies: Chasing Liberty, The Deliberate Stranger, Freaky Friday, Summer School
- Odd jobs before he was famous: Adidas shoe salesman and carpenter
- Fun facts: The son of Heisman Trophy winner Tom Harmon, Mark enjoyed a successful college football career with the UCLA Bruins. He landed the role of Gibbs on NCIS after the show’s creator, Donald P. Bellisario, watched his powerful performance as a Secret Service agent on The West Wing.
Visit the Mark Harmon IMDb page.