Seinfeld is a sitcom starring standup comedian Jerry Seinfeld that aired on NBC from 1989 to 1998. The TV show follows the mainly mundane but always amusing lives of Jerry and his kooky single friends Elaine Benes, George Costanza, and Cosmo Kramer in New York City.
Created by Jerry Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm genius Larry David, Seinfeld racked up dozens of awards during its nine-season run. The show’s success was thanks in no small part to the cast, including Seinfeld, playing a semi-fictionalized version of himself, and actors Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, and Michael Richards. Accolades include Primetime Emmy Awards, Golden Globes, and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Since the show ended, Seinfeld, Louis-Dreyfus, and Alexander have continued acting, writing, and producing. However, Richards, who played Kramer, destroyed his career in an infamous racist tirade.
- Main cast: Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Jason Alexander, Michael Richards
- Creators: Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David
- TV genres: Sitcom, comedy
- Original release: 1989-1998
- Network/Streaming: Comedy Central, Netflix
- Seasons: 9
- Fun fact: The notorious “puffy shirt” that Jerry wore in Episode 2 of Season 5 is on display in the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History.
- If you like Seinfeld, you might also like: Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Everybody Loves Raymond, Frasier, King of Queens
Visit the Seinfeld page on the Sony Pictures website.