The Brady Bunch
The TV show’s theme song tells how two single parents meet, marry, and move in together with their kids from previous marriages. Mike Brady (played by Robert Reed) is a widowed architect with three sons. And Carol Brady (Florence Henderson) is a stay-at-home mom with three daughters. Ranging from 6 to 13 years old, Cindy, Bobby, Jan, Peter, Marcia, and Greg adjust to living together while experiencing sibling rivalry and learning life lessons along the way.
The series wasn’t a massive hit during its initial run, but it garnered a larger following in syndication. Its success led to spinoffs, reunion movies, and a 1995 parody, The Brady Bunch Movie.
- Main cast: Robert Reed, Florence Henderson, Ann B. Davis, Maureen McCormick, Barry Williams, Eve Plumb, Christopher Knight, Susan Olsen, Mike Lookinland
- Creator: Sherwood Schwartz
- TV genres: Comedy, sitcom
- Original release: 1969
- Seasons: 5
- Episodes: 117
- Theme song: “The Brady Bunch”
- Plot: Eight members of a blended American middle-class family and their housekeeper navigate comical misadventures in their daily lives.
- Streaming: Hulu, Amazon Prime Video
- Behind the scenes: When he was only 15, the actor who played Greg, Barry Williams, had a crush on his 36-year-old TV mom, Florence Henderson, and took her out on a date.
- Spinoffs/reunion films: The Brady Kids, The Brady Bunch Hour, The Brady Brides, The Bradys, The Brady Girls Get Married, A Very Brady Christmas, The Brady Bunch Movie
- If you like The Brady Bunch, you might also like: The Facts of Life, Family Ties, Gilligan’s Island, Good Times, Happy Days, I Dream of Jeannie, Leave It to Beaver, The Partridge Family
Visit The Brady Bunch on IMDb.