The Twilight Saga is a five-part film series adapted from Stephenie Meyer’s vampire-themed young adult novels. The story of forbidden love catapulted actors Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart to superstardom.
The Twilight movies in order are Twilight (2008), The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009), The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010), The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 (2011), and The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012). They follow Bella Swan (Stewart) and Edward Cullen (Pattinson) as star-crossed lovers — a human and a 100-year-old vampire in a teen’s body — battling personal conflicts and evil forces.
Pattinson and Stewart’s onscreen chemistry led to a high-profile celebrity relationship. Though the couple has since broken up, the movies continue to enjoy a loyal fan base. The saga’s official Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook pages boast more than 40 million followers combined. And the total Twilight box office stands at around $3.4 billion.
- Genres: Romance, fantasy, horror, drama
- Box office: $3.4 billion worldwide
- Streaming: Netflix, Prime Video
- Based on: American author Stephenie Meyer’s series of vampire-themed young adult novels
- Premise: A human and a vampire fall in love, marry, and have a child while facing personal challenges and sinister forces.
- Actors: Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, Jackson Rathbone, Ashley Greene, Kellan Lutz, Nikki Reid, Peter Facinelli, Elizabeth Reaser, Anna Kendrick, Billy Burke
- Films in the saga: Twilight (2008), The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009), The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010), The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 (2011), The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 (2012)
- If you like Twilight, you might also like: Blood and Chocolate, Tuck Everlasting, Vampire Academy, Warm Bodies, The Vampire Diaries (TV series), True Blood (TV series)