Cruise has been in the entertainment industry since 1981, when he appeared in Endless Love and Taps. But his breakout role came in 1983’s Risky Business, where he danced in his underwear in arguably the most iconic movie scene. Since then, the Hollywood A-lister has starred in numerous hits, from Top Gun, Rain Man, and A Few Good Men to Interview With the Vampire, Mission: Impossible, Jerry Maguire, and Jack Reacher.
Cruise is also known for his celebrity relationships. He romanced actors Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, and Penélope Cruz before notoriously jumping onto a couch on the Oprah stage to declare his love for Katie Holmes.
And, strangely, Tom Cruise’s teeth have been the subject of much analysis and speculation, as has his religion. Regardless of the scrutiny, there’s no denying that Tom Cruise’s net worth and star power are impressive.
- Full name: Thomas Cruise Mapother IV
- Born: July 3, 1962
- Hometown: Syracuse, New York
- Height: 5’7″
- Net worth: $600 million
- Spouse: Katie Holmes (m. 2006-2012), Nicole Kidman (m. 1990-2001), Mimi Rogers (m. 1987-1990)
- Kids: Suri Cruise, Connor Cruise, Isabella Jane Cruise
- Top movies: All the Right Moves, Born on the Fourth of July, Eyes Wide Shut, A Few Good Men, The Firm, Interview With the Vampire, Jack Reacher, Jerry Maguire, The Last Samurai, Magnolia, Minority Report, Mission: Impossible series, Oblivion, The Outsiders, Rain Man, Risky Business, Top Gun, Vanilla Sky, War of the Worlds
- Odd jobs before he was famous: Paperboy for the Louisville Courier-Journal
- Fun fact: Tom Cruise boosted Ray-Ban sales when he wore the brand’s wayfarer sunglasses in the legendary Risky Business dance scene.
Visit Tom Cruise’s website.