Stock analysts reiterated their ratings on the following stocks today:
- Veeco Instruments (NASDAQ:VECO): Barclays Capital rates this stock Equal Weight. They changed their price target from $50 to $46. About the company: Veeco Instruments Inc. manufactures enabling solutions for customers in the HB-LED, solar, data storage, semiconductor, scientific research and industrial markets. The Company has technology positions in three businesses: LED & Solar Process Equipment, Data Storage Process Equipment, and Metrology Instruments. Competitors to Watch: Applied Materials, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMAT), Aixtron AG (NASDAQ:AIXG), CVD Equipment Corporation (NASDAQ:CVV), Cree, Inc. (NASDAQ:CREE), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), Intevac, Inc. (NASDAQ:IVAC), Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A), Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:ASYS), Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), and Zygo Corporation (NASDAQ:ZIGO).
- Ternium S.A. (NYSE:TX): Barclays Capital rates this stock Overweight. They changed their price target from $43 to $39. About the company: Ternium SA, through subsidiaries, manufactures and processes steel. The Company produces cold rolled coils and sheets, tin, galvanized and electrogalvanized sheets, pre-painted sheets, tailor-made flat products, bars, and wire rod in Argentina, Venezuela, and Mexico.
- Forest Oil (NYSE:FST): Barclays Capital rates this stock Overweight. They changed their price target from $44 to $31. About the company: Forest Oil Corporation is involved in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas and crude oil in North American and international locations. The Company’s principal reserves and producing properties are located in the United States, including Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wyoming, and in Canada. Competitors to Watch: EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), GeoMet, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMET), Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO), Magellan Petroleum Corp. (NASDAQ:MPET), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN), Quicksilver Resources Inc (NYSE:KWK), Gulfport Energy Corp. (NASDAQ:GPOR), Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ:LINE), and Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:AREX).
- Aixtron (NASDAQ:AIXG): Barclays Capital rates this stock Equal Weight. They changed their price target from $40 to $28. About the company: Aixtron AG engineers and manufactures metal organic chemical vapor deposition (MOCVD) equipment for the semiconductor industry. The Company’s customers use its equipment to produce compound semiconductor layer structures for use in LED, laser, solar cell, transistor, telecommunications, and other applications. Aixtron markets its products worldwide.
- Raptor Pharma (NASDAQ:RPTP): Ladenburg Thalmann rates this stock a Buy. They changed their price target from $5 to $7.25. About the company: Raptor Pharmaceuticals Corporation researches existing drugs to improve them through specialized drug targeting methods and formulation changes.
- Exco Resources (NYSE:XCO): RBC Capital Mkts rates this stock Sector Perform. They changed their price target from $21 to $16. About the company: EXCO Resources, Inc. explores for oil and natural gas. The Company operates in onshore locations in the United States.
- Elan (NYSE:ELN): RBC Capital Mkts rates this stock an Outperform. They changed their price target from $10 to $15. About the company: Elan Corporation plc is a specialty pharmaceutical company. The Group’s drug delivery technologies are designed to aid and control the absorption and utilization of active pharmaceutical compounds. Elan’s Pharmaceutical division focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of products in the areas of acute care, pain management, infectious diseases and neurology.
- Check Point Software (NASDAQ:CHKP): RBC Capital Mkts rates this stock an Outperform. They changed their price target from $60 to $65. About the company: Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. develops, markets and supports a range of software and hardware products and services for information technology security and offers its customers a network and gateway security solutions, data and endpoint security solutions and management solutions.
- Allegiant Travel (NASDAQ:ALGT): Rodman & Renshaw rates this stock a Mkt Perform. They changed their price target from $52 to $56. About the company: Allegiant Travel Company is a leisure travel company. The Company operates a passenger airline marketed to leisure travelers in small cities.
- Newport (NASDAQ:NEWP): Stifel Nicolaus rates this stock a Buy. They changed their price target from $25 to $27. About the company: Newport Corporation supplies advanced technology products and solutions for fields such as Research, Life & Health Science, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Manufacturing, Semiconductors, and Microelectronics. The Company’s products include lasers and light sources, optomechanical components and mounts, optical filters and gratings, spectroscopic, and photonic instruments.
- Cablevision (NYSE:CVC): Hudson Square Research rates this stock a Sell. They changed their price target from $22 to $15. About the company: Cablevision Systems Corporation provides telecommunications and entertainment services. The Company has operations in multimedia delivery, subscription cable television services, championship professional sports teams, and national television program networks. Competitors to Watch: Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Time Warner Cable Inc. (NYSE:TWC), Mediacom Communications Corp. (NASDAQ:MCCC), Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX), Charter Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:CHTR), DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH), The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS), Liberty Global Inc. (NASDAQ:LBTYA), DirectTV (NASDAQ:DTV), and China Cablecom Hldgs. Ltd. (NASDAQ:CABL)
- Plantronics (NYSE:PLT): Northland Securities rates this stock Outperform. They changed their price target from $44 to $48. About the company: Plantronics, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets lightweight communications headsets and headset accessories and services. The Company also manufactures and markets specialty telephone products, such as amplified telephone headsets and specialty telephones for hearing-impaired users, and noise-cancelling headsets for use in high-noise environments.
- Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN): The Benchmark Company rates this stock a Buy. They changed their price target from $212 to $246. About the company: Amazon.com, Inc. is an online retailer that offers a wide range of products. The Company’s products include books, music, videotapes, computers, electronics, home and garden, and numerous other products. Amazon offers personalized shopping services, Web-based credit card payment, and direct shipping to customers. Competitors to Watch: eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY), Overstock.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSTK), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE:WMT), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS), Costco Wholesale Corp. (NASDAQ:COST), Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY), OverStock.com (NASDAQ:OSTK), HSN (NASDAQ:HSNI), PC Mall, Inc. (NASDAQ:MALL), Target (NYSE:TGT) and Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL).
- Cree (NASDAQ:CREE): Wunderlich rates this stock a Hold. They changed their price target from $40 to $34. About the company: Cree, Inc. develops and manufactures semiconductor materials and electronic devices made from silicon carbide (SiC). The Company uses proprietary technology to make enabling compound semiconductors such as blue and green light emitting diodes, SiC crystals used in the production of unique gemstones, and SiC wafers that are sold for device production and research.
- CBS (NYSE:CBS): Needham rates this stock a Buy. They changed their price target from $28 to $35. About the company: CBS Corporation is a multimedia company that operates broadcasting, television production, and publishing businesses. The Company operates television and radio stations, produces and syndicates television programs, publishes books, provides online content as well as provides outdoor advertising. Competitors to Watch: The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS), Scripps Networks Interactive, Inc. (NYSE:SNI), Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX), Comcast Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCSA), Cumulus Media Inc. (NASDAQ:CMLS), News Corporation (NASDAQ:NWSA), Radio One, Inc. (NASDAQ:ROIAK), Entercom Communications Corp. (NYSE:ETM), and Entravision Communication (NYSE:EVC)
- Amtrust Financial (NASDAQ:AFSI): Wunderlich rates this stock a Buy. They changed their price target from $23 to $27. About the company: AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. offers insurance coverage. The Company offers property/casualty, workers’ compensation, special risk, and warranty insurance, and extended service plans. The Company operates in the United States and the European Union, and reinsures risk worldwide.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!